12.08.2009

Outstanding Customer service: Bike Light Failure

I own a set of Blackburn Flea bike lights. They are fantastic, tiny little lights. You can check 'em out here. They have the ingenious little charging device that allows you to charge both lights from a AA battery. A few weeks ago I went to charge my rear light and it would not take a charge no matter what I did. So, I did what any conscientious consumer would do and sent an email to the company. A little under a week went by and I received no response. These lights were expensive, mind you, and I did not relish the idea of having to replace it out of pocket; especially since they were less than a year old.

I eventually received an email from customer support in response to my initial query and the outcome blew me away so much that I felt the need to write about it. The customer support agent asked me to provide my mailing address and they shipped me a replacement the very next day, no questions asked. This is the kind of service that keeps a customer. It would take a lot for me to consider a different brand for my bike light choice in the future and I won't hesitate to recommend their products and company to my friends and family. A lot of companies could take a page from their book. Keep up the great work Blackburn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

share

Bookmark and Share